SCHOOLS & EDUCATION STUDY GUIDE
Our education team can offer expert advice and guidance on the range of products and services available to schools. Book an all-inclusive package including backstage tours, workshops and tickets to a matinee, or we can tailor a package for the needs of your party.
Part 1 – Background/Historical Info
Download PDF (1.5mb)
Part 2 – Study Guide
Download PDF (815kb)
For further information call 0844 482 5165 or email [email protected]
Please Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF files.
SCHOOLS & KIDS CLUB
Make the most of your school visit to the production and book for a Les Misérables workshop which gives an insight into the history of the musical and stagecraft used during the performance. This practical workshops enables participants to understand more about the historic context of the production and encourages them to develop performance skills.
- School Groups 10+: Best available reduced to £27.50
- Workshop: (10+) £8.50 per pupil. 1 hour workshop which envelops the history of the musical, the directorial and design concept, aspects of stagecraft seen in the musical.
- Backstage tour: £5 per pupil (in conjunction with school visits to Les Misérables). A teachers’ pack for Key Stage 3 + 4, GNVQ and A Level are also available.
Les Misérables Choral Workshop “Do you hear the CHILDREN sing”
- Discussion about singing different genres of music
- Vocal warm up exercise
- Exercises focusing on the use of text and its relationship with music, timing and singing
- Learn to sing one of the numbers in harmony
- Put together a short ensemble scene to “At the End of the Day”
Running time 1 hour. £8.50
The Miz Kids’ Club at the Queen’s Theatre, based on the legendary production of Les Misérables, gives children a unique opportunity to enter the world of theatre.
This two and a half hour Les Misérables experience includes a backstage tour, drama workshop with improvisation games, the opportunity to meet a cast member and an exclusive certificate of attendance. Parents can enjoy shopping or a leisurely lunch, in the knowledge that their children are being entertained in a comfortable and safe environment, then collect them just in time for the afternoon matinee of Les Misérables.
The club welcomes children between the ages 8-16 and runs 10.45am-1.30pm each Saturday.
£85 per child includes The Miz Kids’ Club and a Band A ticket for Les Misérables.
Accompanying adult theatre ticket £65 - normally £85, maximum two accompanying adults per the Miz Kids’ Club Member.
£57.50 includes The Miz Kids’ Club and £37.50 ticket for Les Misérables.
Accompanying adult theatre ticket £40 - normally £37.50, maximum two accompanying adults per the Miz Kids’ Club Member.
All children of 11 years of age and under must be accompanied at the performance by a ticket-holding adult. Offer subject to allocation availability.
Tickets for Les Misérables can be booked with the Delfont Mackintosh Theatres Education Team on 0844 482 5165 or email [email protected]
School rates cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Strictly subject to limited allocation availability.